So, you just started playing TF2, and you want to get some of those achievements. Here is Alpha’s guide to getting the 10 easiest general achievements, in no particular order.
1. Dynasty- Win 20 games.
This one is pretty simple: Join a server and play. With a decent team, racking up 20 wins will happen in no time.
2. Escape the Heat- Jump into a pool of refreshing water while on fire.
The following maps have strategically placed water to douse those flames:
- Badlands (Arena or KotH)
- Double Cross
- Nightfall (Stage 3)
- Pipeline (Stage 3)
- Thunder Mountain (Stage 2)
3. Head of the Class- Play a complete round with every class.
Just like the description says, play a round with each class. This is more easily done on maps with short rounds like Arena maps.
4. Mass Hysteria- Have 6 teammates using Pyrovision at the same time.
Either coordinate with 5 friends to all wear the Pyrovision Goggles at the same time, or visit a map where Pyrovision is enabled. There’s a greater chance people will play with them on while wearing the goggles.
The following maps have major visual differences while in Pyroland:
- Bandlands (Arena/CP/KotH)
- Badwater Basin
- Gravel Pit
- Gold Rush
5. Nemesis- Get 5 Revenge kills.
If you get dominated by a player, kill them to score a Revenge kill. Switching to their classes counter is the easiest way to do this.
6. Party Crasher- Kill 3 players who are doing the Conga within 5 seconds.
If you see an enemy group of players conga-ing, kill at least 3 quickly. This is easily done by a Soldier, Pyro, or Demoman.
7. Ready for Duty- Complete each class to unlock the next.
Simply play through all the training courses.
8. World Traveler- Play a complete game on 2Fort, Dustbowl, Granary, Gravel Pit, Hydro, and Well (CP).
The only thing that might be hard here is playing a game on Hydro. To do this, set up an offline game for yourself, and play Hydro.
9. Hard to Kill- Get 5 kills in a row without dying.
This will happen as you become better at the game naturally, but it is also easy to get playing offensively as Heavy, or defensively as Engineer.
10. Conga Line- Do the Conga with 10 or more players at the same time.
If you see someone doing the conga, join in! It’s also easy to do if you coordinate with friends.